Allion Labs / Vincent Wang
Since Apple launched the first Apple MacBook with the USB-C interface in 2015 and MacBook Pro 2016 with the USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) specification, the new design makes MacBook thinner by replacing the other transport interfaces. Users could connect to other devices or charge their MacBook via USB-C. But here’s the thing, there are still many laptops, desktops or mobiles at the market are not abandoning USB Type-A or Micro-USB. Users need USB-C adapters, docking stations or hubs to connect both USB-C and traditional USB sides. Except USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter or Docking officially launched by Apple, the market is full with similar accessories offered by other brands. Some of them do cause either data transmission, display or charging issues and eventually leave consumer bad impressions.
So, how can we prevent these issues before they occur? What kinds of these issues or annoying problems that users may face when they use those accessories!? In the next paragraphs, we are introducing the 4 common issues and what Allion can provide brand or manufacturer to prevent these issues and safeguard your accessory quality.
Starting from 2015, Apple has used USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) as a connectivity standard which replaces the traditional interfaces and makes Mac more flexible with its multi-function feature
The Four Types of Common Issues when using Mac Accessories
The first type: communication protocol or electrical signal issues
- The connected device CANNOT be recognized by the Mac system or work properly
- The inserted SD card CANNOT be successfully detected after connecting the card reader to the Mac system
- The external hard drive CANNOT be detected by the Mac system
- CANNOT display images from the connected accessory device via USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) interface
- The SuperSpeed device is identified as a High-Speed device or with even lower spec
- Some of device’s functions fail when using a USB-C Multiport adapter or a Docking
The second type: Dysfunction Issues
- A flashback or an error message on the device’s proprietary software
- MacOS bundled software works incorrectly when connecting an accessory
- Mac’s power supply CANNOT work smoothly when connecting an accessory
The third type: bad user experience
- Wrong descriptions of the packaging, user manual or notifications, etc.
- The Mac system is under performance or abnormal power management
- Interoperability issues with the Apple’s accessories
- Software support is not updated in time for Mac O.S.
The fourth type: Device issue affects other components
The above issues may happen in users’ daily lives. Since people exchange information or idea everyday online or offline. Poor user experiences could make a significant impact on other buyers’ purchase decisions and even damage the brand. To better perfect user experiences, you need a complete and rigorous testing process to ensure your product quality before product launch. That’s why you need Allion’s solution.
“Mac QA Accessories Certification Program” The solution to better your Mac Accessories
As the Apple Store QA Third-party Peripherals Test Lab, Allion launches the Mac Accessories QA Program. The program defining the test specifications will ensure your Mac accessories, including cables, dongles, adapters, earphones and speakers perfectly work with Mac systems, as we as achieve customer satisfactions. This QA certification test for USB-C accessories covers the following two items:
- USB-C (Thunderbolt3) function QA
The test includes mechanical testing, verification on the product packaging descriptions and user manual, product functional testing (including software test capability and MacOS applications), stability testing, and performance testing.
- USB-C (Thunderbolt 3) De-sense QA
Check attenuation on each USB-C/Thunderbolt of MacBook (Pro) series when connecting a device.Identity product easily
Consumers can check whether their accessories have been passed the test or not via the website https://qa.allion.com/Products.asp
Allion provides the highest quality assurance for your products
A high-quality accessory should have good connectivity, stability and functionality in the Apple MacOS ecosystem. As the Apple Store QA Third-Party Peripherals Test Lab, Allion’s new launched program will ensure your Mac accessories perfectly work with Mac systems, as we as achieve customer satisfactions. Those Mac accessories passing the QA program will receive Allion’s test certificate, one of Apple’s pre-requests to get into Mac Store, also a high quality proof for product or channel marketing.
Apple Mac’s market share has increased significantly in recent years. It leads to high-demand of Mac accessories. When consumers don’t know how to choose an accessory, they may refer to Allion’s Mac QA Certificate and Allion’s Mac QA website https://qa.allion.com/Products.asp